WHICH BRUSH FOR WHAT?!

Today I'm talking all about brushes..Now if your getting really into make-up you may want to invest in some brushes to apply your new make-up!
I really didn't have a clue what brushes were used for what area of the face or for what product. 


But worry not! I'm here to help....

FOUNDATION

Liquid - A soft medium sized brush - some examples are: 
The Real Techniques buffing brush
The Real Techniques Expert face brush
The Sigma Flat Kabuki F80 (My personal fav!!!)

(For a light coverage - Use a stippling brush)

Powder - A big soft fluffy brush - some examples are:
Topshop powder brush

Real Techniques powder brush
Lola Make up Perse face brush

(For setting make-up - I use the Real Techniques setting brush)

CONTOURING/BRONZER

Powders - Most bronzers come in powder form - some examples are:
Space NK cheek contour brush
Real Techniques contour brush

HIGHTLIGHTING

Powder - try a fan brush
I'm currently using the Estee Lauder 6F Finishing brush


Liquid - You can use fingers but i like a small buffing brush
I'm currently using the Jemma Kidd Pro brush in 9

BLUSHER

You want to go for a medium to big fluffy brush but it needs to be quite dense to pick up the product and colour of the blush
I'm currently using the Stila #1 blush brush

EYEBROW

If your using powder you want to be using something quite small and angular to fill in the brows. 
I'm currently using the Space NK liner brush

EYELINER

A new discovery for me is the Real Techniques silicon liner brush. But if thats too over the top for you go for something like the Space NK bent eyeliner brush

LIPS

I actually don't use a brush for lipstick as I only really wear red lipstick on the odd occassion, however if you do want to get one, then try getting an angled brush, similar to an eyebrow brush, so that you can use it to make a line, but also so you can get into the angles of your mouth, such as the cupid's bow, and then use the flat part of the brush to fill in the lips.

I hope this has somewhat helped you. I know that I don't use the most expensive brushes in the world, but I've found these ones do the job just as well.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PRODUCT REVIEW - BY TERRY OMBRE BLACKSTAR MISTY ROCK AND BRONZE MOON (UPDATED)

PRODUCT REVIEW - MAX FACTOR COLOUR ELIXIR LIP LINERS

PRODUCT REVIEW - KEVYN AUCOIN EXPERT LIP COLOURS IN SIREEDAN, ROSERIN AND MICAVEL