HIGHTLIGHTER SMACKDOWN

I can't get enough of highlighters! There my favourite thing in the beauty world right now and have been for quite some time. 

I love me some shimmer and glow!!

So with that ramble over...I wanted to do a post on all of my highlighters. First of all highlighters come in all different textures and formulas, from liquids to powders to creams.

Cream's

One of my favourite highlighters is actully a cream, you might think a cream highlighter sounds like a lot of "faf" and buffing into the skin, I have to agree with you to a degree but they just look so lovely on the skin. My only cream highlighter is the Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow, All over radiance creme in 01 Iced Gold. Here it is on the skin....
 Liquid's

Now liquids can also be a bit of a 'faf' to apply as they can get messy but with the right one, they can look 'amaz-balls!' My all time favourite liquid highlighters are by Becca, they are the Shimmering Skin Perfectors...I currently have three shades 'Champagne Gold', 'Opal' and 'Pearl'. I think out of all the different formula's liquids give you the most impact on the skin becuase they are a liquid, they look glossy on the skin and stand out, which personally I love! I also really like the NARS illuminator 'laguna' like the bronzer but in a hightlighter form, great to give you some sunkissed skin and glow!

Powder's

Probably the most easiest to use if you are new to highlighters. Again some of the best are by Becca "that woman knows highlight!" Her shimmering skin perfectors (pressed) are so gorgeous! I have the colours 'Rose Gold' and 'Moonstone'. Next up is the Iconic Hourglass ambient lighting pallette, this I feel you can use all over the face and you just look glowing and it seems to even out skin tone. Next up is the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar bronze an glow. The highlight in the kit is fool-proof to use, and so finely milled. Second to last is the NARS powder is 'Albatross' a golden white hightlight beautifully understated if you don't want such an impact. And lastly is the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in bronze. This is a bronzing hightlight, it adds colour and dimesion to the face and also highlights. Who doesn't love a multi-purpose product?!
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that my friends is my highlighter smackdown. I haven't added a lot of swatches as I have done blog posts on mainly all of these products so go and check them out if you like the sound of them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PRODUCT REVIEW - BY TERRY OMBRE BLACKSTAR MISTY ROCK AND BRONZE MOON (UPDATED)

PRODUCT REVIEW - MAX FACTOR COLOUR ELIXIR LIP LINERS

PRODUCT REVIEW - KEVYN AUCOIN EXPERT LIP COLOURS IN SIREEDAN, ROSERIN AND MICAVEL